Investment & Corporate Banking Analysts gain valuable exposure to a wide number of industries. You will also work with a variety of financial products, including public and private debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, and financial advisory.
Analysts start their careers with us by completing our Investment Banking Development Program. The program is designed to help you make the transition from theory to practice. Training includes core investment banking skills, such as: accounting, valuation and modeling, and pitch book development.
Responsibilities such as:
- Running valuation analyses
- Performing complex financial modeling
- Conducting industry and company research and analysis
- Developing client presentations
- Writing internal and external marketing memoranda
Investment & Corporate Banking Associates gain hands-on experience in deal execution and play a key role in developing client relationships. Investment Banking Associates manage key aspects of client transactions.
Associates work in either a specific product group, with exposure to a variety of different industries, or a specific industry group, with exposure to a variety of financial products. These products may include public and private debt, equity financings, mergers and acquisitions and financial advisory services.
- Preparation of pitch books to support your sector's business development initiatives
- Financial modeling
- Business, industry and capital markets research
- Ensuring materials are accurate and complete
- Participation in client meetings
Global Markets Analyst/Associate Rotational Program
We hire generalists and Quants for this program. Analysts and associates rotate through various sales and trading desks over a 12-16-month period, gaining exposure to a wide variety of products and services. This includes Global Markets groups, comprised of Global Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC), Global Equity Products (GEP) and Global Structured Products (GSP), serving our corporate, institutional and government clients.
The program combines on-the-job learning with meaningful work experience, direct exposure to industry professionals, and opportunities in various parts of BMO Capital Markets.
- Market research and analysis
- Data manipulation and spreadsheets, including VBA
- Developing presentation materials
- Providing client contact support as necessary